Metro Self Storage Response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
March 20, 2020 | Your Local Metro
Last updated: 3/21
For the latest updates please continue to visit: https://www.metrostorage.com/emergency
Metro Self Storage is open for new rentals through our website metrostorage.com and via telephone at (888) GO-METRO (888-466-3876) or by calling the individual store’s number.
All store offices are closed to all persons except for employees to limit interpersonal interaction and promote social distancing.
All storage units are accessible during normal gate access hours published on our individual store web pages. However, as the situation evolves this may change. Please check this website here (https://www.metrostorage.com/emergency) for the latest information on your particular store.
Alternatives to Office Visits – Phone and Online Payments and Rentals
We strongly encourage our customers to utilize our online and phone service options to make rental payments. You can complete much of your account management without visiting our facility, adding to a safer environment for you and our employees:
- Payments can be made by:
- Call your Metro store, follow the prompts to make a payment (no extra fees apply.)
- Call Paymentus: (866) 283-7020 (One Cent ($0.01) fee applies due to system restrictions requiring a minimum fee.)
- Online at the Metro Website: metrostorage.com/pay-online
- In person: Checks and money orders can be dropped off through the payment slot at the office of your storage location.
- We are evaluating our capabilities for receiving cash payments at the stores.
- Customer Service: Call your local Metro store number, or (888) GO-METRO, and one of our call center storage consultants will be available to assist you.
Health and Safety
We are carefully monitoring the situation and following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), regulatory agencies as well as local health officials, and have implemented the following measures at all Metro stores:
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning to focus on addressing surfaces that are commonly touched frequently.
- We are reinforcing with our staff frequent and thorough hand washing continuously throughout the day.
- Any employee showing any signs of illness is instructed to stay home, including if the employee has sick relatives in their home.
We request that you do not enter our offices if you or someone in your residence is exhibiting signs of any illness.
We will continue to monitor the information from our public health officials and follow guidelines and recommendations. As the situation evolves, we will make adjustments as necessary. This may include modifying office and access hours.
Please check our website here for the latest information on your particular store.
Again, thank you for your business and your understanding during this time.