Climate Controlled Storage
There are many reasons why people choose climate-controlled storage over non-climate-controlled units. In Midwest towns like Mundelein, winter temperatures frequently drop below freezing, which can damage temperature-sensitive household and businesses items. During the height of summer, humidity can also damage temperature-sensitive items such as photos, electronics, and archival documents.
- Metro offers climate-controlled units inside a building with sealed and insulated roofs, walls, and floors.
- A building envelope surrounding your storage unit provides additional protection from heat, humidity, freezing temperatures, and dust; even the most determined pests can be avoided.
- The added storage cost to properly store valuable items can be less than the price to replace them.
- Providing the correct storage environment for your stored items will help them last longer.
- When you need to access your stored items or business inventory, you’ll enjoy a more comfortable environment.
- Extreme heat and humidity can damage several types of materials including, leather, suede, plastics, and musical instruments.
We opened our first storage facility more than 40 years ago and continue our proud tradition of making room for people just like you since 1973. The cleanliness of Metro Self Storage and the friendly professionalism of our staff ensure that you’ll have a great experience storing with us.
Metro’s modern, indoor climate-controlled facilities are ideal for storing everything from computers and cameras to photos, furniture, as well as unique collections. Contact us today to learn more about your storage options today.