Metro Self Storage offers boxes and moving supplies. Not all moving boxes are alike! We sell moving boxes and we have the right selection of moving boxes and moving supplies to solve your packing needs when relocating. Whether you are moving from an apartment or moving from a home, we have the moving supplies to meet your needs.
Tips for using a moving company for your upcoming move:
- Get a binding estimate from the moving company. Make sure the amount is written in the contract.
- Inquire about their on-time record and other complaints with the local Better Business Bureau or consumer complaints department.
- Movers are limited by law regarding what they can give you for lost or damaged goods. To cover potential damage, check existing homeowner’s or renter’s policy.
- Ask about expected gratuities and write into contract.
- Have the contract include a guarantee of how many hours the job will take, allowing an overrun of no more than 10%.
- Be sure all charges are listed on contract.
- Inform the moving company of how many stairs are at your new home.
- Watch loading and unloading and examine all items carefully before signing a receipt.
- Document an inventory of your belongings before you pack.
- And finally, remember to rent your storage unit from Metro Self Storage to accommodate any of your local storage needs.