Why Self Storage is a Must-Have During Moving Season
June 27, 2023 | Moving
If you’re moving this summer and feeling overwhelmed by the sheer number of belongings you’ve accumulated over the years, you’re not alone. Every year millions of Americans turn to self storage for its invaluable benefits that simplify the moving process.
You can find self storage facilities that offer services and amenities such as moving truck rentals, packing supplies, and insurance options. Some locations even offer perks like free coffee in the lobby. However, additional features such as 24-hour security cameras, fenced perimeters, and easy online rentals are equally, if not more important.
But what really makes a storage company stand out is the people who work there. That’s why you can count on Metro Self Storage to bring you the best moving and storage experience possible. Celebrating our 50th anniversary, we understand what it takes to stand out in the industry.
Keep reading to how our Class A storage facilities can help simplify your next move.
Flexibility During Your Transition
Moving often involves complex logistics, such as coordinating the sale of your home and finding a new home on top of aligning moving dates with work and school schedules. Having a secure place to put your belongings, should schedules not align perfectly, can provide much-needed flexibility during this transitional period, especially when coordinating a DIY move.
In many situations, moving also involves making decisions about the space requirements of your new home. For example, if you’re an empty nester downsizing, self storage can provide a temporary solution to meet your immediate needs. Additionally, self storage allows you to store items that hold sentimental value or are not immediately essential, giving you time to decide what to keep and what to downsize without feeling rushed.
On the other hand, if you’re upsizing, self storage offers the option to store items until you can properly arrange and furnish your new, larger home.
Protection from Heat and Humidity
The moving season often coincides with summer, when high temperatures and humidity can make transporting heavy furniture and belongings strenuous and potentially cause damage due to heat or moisture.
By renting a climate-controlled unit at one of our state-of-the-art facilities, you can shield your valuable possessions from extreme temperature fluctuations and excessive humidity. Self storage can safeguard delicate items like wooden furniture, electronics, artwork, and photographs until you settle into your new home.
You Deserve Peace of Mind
Security is an essential feature to look for in self storage as well. That’s why we offer 24-hour video surveillance, CCTV monitoring, individual door alarms, fully fenced perimeters, ample lighting, and the requirement of disc or cylinder locks as well as options for tenant insurance.
Moreover, our facility managers adhere to a regular professional maintenance program, ensuring you’ll always find a clean and well-maintained facility when accessing your belongings.
Premium Storage Facilities
If you’re looking for the best that self storage has to offer? Try our Class A storage facilities designed and constructed with accessibility, sustainability, and security in mind.
These facilities are typically all indoor with climate control throughout the units and include special features like indoor loading bays, drive-through access, solar panels, package acceptance, elevator access, storage-to-office speakers, and more.
Why Choose a Metro Self Storage Facility
We aim to ensure you always have a great storage experience with Metro, whether online or at one of our top-rated self storage facilities. So when you rent with us, you’ll get more than a storage unit.
You’ll receive value, convenience, security, and service—the Metro Advantage for all our customers.
- Security: Metro Self Storage facilities feature excellent security measures, such as CCTV cameras, perimeter fencing, and gated access with individual unit alarms.
- Climate control: Our state-of-the-art climate-controlled storage units help to prevent severe temperature swings and humidity changes to safely store electronics, artwork, photographs, books, and more.
- Accessibility: Our storage facilities feature convenient hours of operation and on-site staff available to assist you. Wide driveways accommodate 18-wheeler moving trucks. Inside our facility, you’ll find spacious, brightly-lit hallways that are easy to navigate and moving carts to help move heavy or bulky items.
- Cleanliness: Metro prides itself on creating clean and well-maintained storage facilities so your items remain in good condition while in our care.
- Online rentals: With Metro Self Storage, you can select your unit size and type, sign the rental agreement, purchase a lock (optional), and secure your gate access code, all from the comfort of your couch any time, day or night.
- Reputation: The professionally trained storage teams at Metro Self Storage work hard to bring our customers a top-notch storage experience. As an industry-leading storage provider, we have an excellent reputation in the industry and more than 10,000 positive reviews from our customers.
- Vehicle storage: Select storage facilities offer covered and outdoor vehicle storage options, including cars, boats, and RVs. These locations feature well-lit spaces and 24-hour security, with some offering electric hookups.
- Business storage: All of our storage facilities offer professional storage solutions for businesses, including inventory storage, document storage, equipment storage, and more. Additional services include package acceptance, online account management, and extended access hours.
- Moving supplies: Metro Self Storage facilities feature retail storage offices offering a convenient one-stop-shopping experience for packing supplies—boxes, tape, and bubble wrap—for purchase to help make moving and storage easier.
As the moving season approaches, we recommend planning and packing as soon as possible for a smooth transition. Self storage serves as a valuable resource by helping to simplify your move, reduce stress, and ensure a seamless relocation experience for you and your family.
Simplify Your Move with Metro Self Storage
Whether you are moving, downsizing, or finally tackling a long-awaited decluttering project, Metro Self Storage is here to help with your transition. With 50 years of experience in the self storage industry, we know what it takes to make your self storage experience efficient, friendly, and affordable.
To learn how our friendly and knowledgeable storage teams can help, visit your local Metro Self Storage facility or call us today at 888-466-3876. Ready to rent now? Reserve your unit online!